Tuesday 1 April 2014

Moved




Some photos from my recent move. It's been raining a lot lately (which I love and is unusual for this area - although it is now real weather... I don't consider constant sunshine and hotness "weather" haha) and that means vibrant greens everywhere, my favourite!
B set up our library (!!) very particularly with his typewriters in the shelves and some of my favourite posters. It looks awesome and is a constant source of inspiration. The outside courtyard is like a gift from god. I've sat outside to eat my breakfast everyday and it cheers me up no end. It's going to be less pleasant in winter but I hope to force myself to wake up early and get out there.
Moving has brought out B's anxieties a bit, which is funny because it's normally me who is the overly anxious mover. This time was easier for me because it's just us and I've been going to work everyday, whereas B's been home everyday and maybe a little overexcited to the point of anxiety with the possibilities ahead.
Coming up to the move I associated the feeling with traveling, but post-move I feel differently. Travelling comes with the excitement of being in a totally new place, whereas moving house in your own city does come with a bit of that but also a lot of stress in how your going to make ends meet living paycheck-to-paycheck (usually I've saved a bunch of money before I go traveling so it's not so big an issue) and if all your expectations are going to happen.
Choruses of "I want to be better", "I want to be productive", "I want to do things" echo through our little house. I have to keep reminding myself that it's only halfway through week 1 and I have to keep echoing those same sentiments in week 2, 3, 4, ect. ect. or else they will fall through. It takes 2 weeks to form a habit so let's hope I can form some good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment